Record Of The Year...

Discuss or comment on current television programmes. You are welcome to post anything about your favourite TV programme past or present, to just daily chit chat about current events.
ho-unit!

Record Of The Year...

Postby ho-unit! » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:54 am

I know this award is simply a popularity event but i am so sick of Westlife. I really wanted to jump on that stage and shout "You Suck! Try Singing your own music!"

So what if they won 4 times. This yaer and last year was only released 3 weeks before the even and they were all re-makes! (infact, all of their songs were remakes) and this really takes the biscuit because they quite simply have no talent excpt that they somehow look good and have a screaming fanbase. They just a bunch of puppets held by manufacturers buying old music just to attempt to please fans. If they get Christmas number 1 this year, i will be very annoyed!

Mcfly were runners up i wouldve settled for them being top because they actually have talent but in the end, it was simply a case of who has the bigger fan club.

Bands like Westlife have all disappeared now. It seems to no longer be the case of looks to music. Boybands/Girlbands like Take That, Boyzone and 5ive just disappeared now. Perhaps it's a sign that Teenagers are evolving and into more decent music or that we now have a new breed of boyband crazes: The "ones who sings, looks good and can play guitar" boybands like Mcfly, BUsted (probably 2 out of the 3)and Son Of Dork . Well at least they have some kind of talent!
The Beagle Boysz 2005!

browneyes

Postby browneyes » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:13 pm

Yup, I knew it was coming up for record of the year when Westlife released their song; it's the only time we see them nowadays...A bit like Cliff Richard :lol:

I thought The Black Eyed Peas were awful and I can't stand McFly. I wanted James Blunt to win, he has a great voice, plays an instrument AND writes his own stuff. Now that's talent!

ho-unit!

Postby ho-unit! » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:53 pm

the only problem with james blunt is that his song has gone that popular that it has become irritating. Hence why many magazines and others dispise him.

And he's also being moved from Acoustic to Pop. I really could've saw him as a Damien Rice Style singer/songwriter but instead he's gonna become them girl screaming idols. A shame really
The Beagle Boysz 2005!

Return to “On the Box”