National Television Awards 205

Discuss or comment on current television programmes. You are welcome to post anything about your favourite TV programme past or present, to just daily chit chat about current events.
jockstrap

National Television Awards 205

Postby jockstrap » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:37 am

The National Television Awards have revealed this year’s final nominees in the battle for the nation’s coveted TV accolades.

You have till Tues 25th midday to have your say!

The list of your voting options are on this site at

http://channelten.co.uk/afullnews-28.htm

Your comments about the possible candidates and who you might or might not vote for are welcome.

What / who would you have nominated ?

ho-unit!

Postby ho-unit! » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:50 pm

The shortlists are as follows:

Most Popular Drama:

Dr. Who

I've gotten into this so much since this new series has started but housewives will probably win this one.

MOST POPULAR SERIAL DRAMA:

Coronation Street

Hands down. i watch EE more but Corrie's storyline has been much better this year.

MOST POPULAR QUIZ:

None!

I used to love Millionaire but out of all of them, none of them are any good. perhaps News but not for me

MOST POPULAR COMEDY:

Max & Paddy's Road to Nowhere

It's gr8 and it has so much potential. Peter Kay is a gr8 crack up. bUt i't'll probably end up being little britain. I used to like it but in the end, it's just an annoying show with the same catchphrases and storylines

MOST POPULAR REALITY:

Hell's Kitchen

BB was just bad (but better than some of the older ones) with every1 just bitching and freaks. HK was cool. Really, TTE should be on it (but new series aint out yet and i still can't quite get if its a reality show or an experiment)

MOST POPULAR FACTUAL:

Top Gear

i love this show! its suprisingly funny and a great to watch on sunday. I think Jamie's School Dinners is probably gonna get it though. That made a b ig topic on the school dinners at schools nowadays and that should really deserve to win

MOST POPULAR ENTERTAINMENT:

Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway

This Geordie Duo just can't stop! They knock all of the competition away! X factor dosent always get me. rarely watch SCD and Jonathan Ross is underestimated.

MOST POPULAR DAYTIME:

The Paul O'Grady Show

Lily (oops!) is a great host and is something great to watch on a weekday.

MOST POPULAR ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTER:

Ant and Dec

They're all great but its defo gotta be them lot with their funny stuff.

MOST POPULAR EXPERT ON TV:

Jamie Oliver, Jamie's School Dinners

Jamie's made such a strong topic on dinners because of this series and he's changed a lot of stuff. Now what can i buy for my lunch for 50p now?

MOST POPULAR ACTOR:

Nigel Harman

I'm unsure why but all the girls lvoe him for some reason. Reasons why on a postcard please.

MOST POPULAR ACTRESS:

Sally Lindsay

That's shelly in corrie rite?

MOST POPULAR NEWCOMER:

Lacey Turner, EastEnders, Stacey Slater

She's the only onw i know! She's been doing gr8 for her age and fits the slaters perfectly

Obviously this is a popularity contest rather than talent/skill (well a bit) so its all on what the public thinks.
The Beagle Boysz 2005!

ho-unit!

Postby ho-unit! » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:18 am

big shock! DR Who got a hat trick! amazing how many Who fans are out there. How did X Factor win best entertainment?! Reality Manufactured music shows have just gone lame now. See Pop Idol and Fame Acadamy for details!

And i heard the 2 tory candidates were presenting an award. what a crappy publicity stunt! They have no link with entertainment and quite rightly were booed. Politics should have nothing to do with entertainment awards! (bar school dinners)
The Beagle Boysz 2005!

browneyes

Jamie Oliver

Postby browneyes » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:04 pm

I was really pleased when Jamie Oliver won his award for 'school dinners', I think it was probably the best deserved award I saw handed over. He gave up his own time for the future of our kids...Good on ya Jamie!

Return to “On the Box”