Rock School

Discuss or comment on current television programmes. You are welcome to post anything about your favourite TV programme past or present, to just daily chit chat about current events.
jockstrap

Rock School

Postby jockstrap » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:45 pm

One to watchout for if you are not out partying or clubbing!!

Wild man of rock Gene Simmons arrives at Christ's Hospital boarding school on an unusual mission: to teach a music class of 13-year-olds how to rock.
He's forming a new band and, for the next six weeks, taking ten classically trained music students under his wing.
But Gene's lifestyle - and teaching style - are worlds apart from the school way of life; are the pupils ready for Mr Simmons and his unorthodox methods? And is Gene really ready for his pupils, who are used to more genteel forms of music and meet his arrogant rock god persona with fear, bemusement and apathy?

Lessons begin and the kids try to loosen up and invent their new rock nicknames, while Gene's first task is to pick a lead singer from the group. His choice?
The boy with the worst singing voice in the class. :lol:
Last edited by jockstrap on Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

somerset sunflower

Postby somerset sunflower » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:37 pm

LEGEND!!! rok on dudes!
Missin ma That'll Teach 'em family!!

ho-unit!

Postby ho-unit! » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:20 am

this sounds like 'school of rock' sounding real. Nice concept but its stolen!

Its obvious that it's either gonna be crazy, hilarious or both
The Beagle Boysz 2005!

The_Boss
Site Admin

Postby The_Boss » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:51 am

Yes I agree Will the concept is based on the School of Rock film.

I would guess they have paid for the rights to use the format in the U.K.
just like other countries have paid to use the That'll Teach 'em format rather than just buying the series.

The French That'll Teach 'em was scary with a housemaster throwing a bed out of a dorm window.

hathaway

Postby hathaway » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:00 am

I saw the trailer for this programme earlier tonight and thought it looked quite good. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate many types of music, but I think it is a shame that they are discouraging youngsters from studying classical music with this programme. Anyway, I shall probably watch the programme, just to see how the children adapt to the rock music.

jockstrap

Postby jockstrap » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:33 pm

Well I finally managed to see this on Friday after missing the first episode.

It was interesting to see the debating society discuss whether the Rock School had a place in the the school or not.

The young man Dudley now known as Dudders put up a very good performance and seems a very talented young man.

daveyboi

Postby daveyboi » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:39 pm

So Gene has taken the Headmistress to LA and the kids been left to fend for themselves :evil:

Still Wild Thing was not too bad perhaps they will make it in the end.

The_Boss
Site Admin

Postby The_Boss » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:30 am

Another series with comprehensive pupils this time will be a real challenge for Gene it seems.

ho-unit!

Postby ho-unit! » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:45 am

does anyone else think it's unfair how this show is already on it's 2nd series when the 1st series was only out not even 3 months ago?! although I do like this series though. looks very interesting
The Beagle Boysz 2005!

ho-unit!

Postby ho-unit! » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:55 pm

i really enjoyed this series. much better than the 1st probably! glad to hear it all went well in the end although i did kinda think ellie mightve been better for the band but it turned out pretty good.
The Beagle Boysz 2005!

daveyboi

Postby daveyboi » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:52 am

Is Gene becoming human :D

I did feel very sad for Lewis he was trying so hard to get involved it appeared and being one of the quieter ones was always in the background.

In the beginning I liked Chris a lot but I did find he was a favourite with the production team maybe to the detriment of the final product. His voice was too immature for a rock number.

Return to “On the Box”