X Factor

Discuss or comment on current television programmes. You are welcome to post anything about your favourite TV programme past or present, to just daily chit chat about current events.
jockstrap

X Factor

Postby jockstrap » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:35 pm

Well this week Louis Walsh seemed in a very bad mood :P

I loved Sharon drenching him with a glass of wine after he and Simon Cowell had bean mean to the 16 year old Charlotte. The lead up to this had been Louis slating the arithitic 43 year old Dinner Lady Laurie and then saying she had only got through because of her sob story.

"What do you want me to do?” asked a drenched Louis. “Simon gets away with it. Simon says what he likes!”
Sharon's classic reply ....
“He’s Simon. You’re Louis. There is only one Simon, Louis,” had me in fits :lol:

Did anyone see a potential winner though? I don't think I did this week!!

daveyboi

Postby daveyboi » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:27 am

Well I have decided there is at least one potential winner in the Boot Camp now and that is the guy called Richard I think from wales.

Hope we move onto boot camp soon the auditions are getting boring now!!!!

ho-unit!

Postby ho-unit! » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:12 pm

i just remembered millzy is meant to have passed the 1st round. and the manchester auditions is this week. I'll be keeping an eye out for him....

Maybe i shoudl try next year. I was told to paly something for my performing arts class (out of the blue, they said bring a photo, poem or a sheet of music and i was the only one who brought a music book not knowing what was gonan happen...) and played something out of my coldplay book. So i played fix you and sung it chris martin style. its scarred my for life! lol must avoid singing

anyway, hopefully, there will be some actual potential singers. I'm really can't stand the ones who think they're brilliant and sing like a weasel.
The Beagle Boysz 2005!

The_Boss
Site Admin

Postby The_Boss » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:30 pm

What I can not understand is why there are not more groups appyling!! Iit still seems the majority are solo performers.

We shall all keep an eye out for your friend I am sure :P

The_Boss
Site Admin

Postby The_Boss » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:56 pm

Well they have got down to the final 21 entrants after the boot camps.

Shame for the under 25's who only get to go to Ireland with Louis :twisted:

It was a pity Richard the Welsh boy messed up big time what a fool he was!!

Mind you Simon Cowell was not so harsh in that respect.

I did hear a rumour going about that Simon Cowell thought Louis was getting the groups so he put some rubbish through so he had the cream to win the series !! Back fired on him being crafty didn't it :D

The_Boss
Site Admin

Postby The_Boss » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:50 pm

Vote Journey South

hathaway

Postby hathaway » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:06 pm

The four I would put through to the next round would be

Journey South
Andy
Shane
and (old age showing now) the lady who sang solo, cannot remember her name :oops:

The_Boss
Site Admin

Postby The_Boss » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:34 am

It's Chico time :twisted:

I suppose Simon Cowell will be hounded this week for creeping up to Louis by saving him having to make the decision.

hathaway

Postby hathaway » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:07 am

I loved Chico's little dancer - he was very good. Pity he cannot be voted into the act :D

ho-unit!

Postby ho-unit! » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:33 am

i was shocked with simon! he kicked out his own mentoring band! that's what i call a person who's only in for the publicity and not on talent. he just backstabbed the conway sisters! chico really should have went a long long time ago
The Beagle Boysz 2005!

jockstrap

Postby jockstrap » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:42 pm

I think Simon was looking to who he might have to work with after the series is over and by removing the Conway Sisters he now has only strong contenders to work with left as even though some are better than others they all could have a career of sorts.

The interesting thing will be now is everything will depend on the public and the individual performance.

After Michelle wining Pop Idol I think Simon has been very clever !!

The_Boss
Site Admin

Postby The_Boss » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:25 pm

Two songs each this week and the public vote only :twisted:

Who do you think will go :?:

Will it be a all male final :?: It seems to be heading that way with Journey South and Shayne the current predictions :!:

daveyboi

Postby daveyboi » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:01 pm

Well that was a surprise I really did not think Brenda would go :(

However I am pleased Journey South made the finals.

One act each for the judges seems fair I suppose :!:

hathaway

Postby hathaway » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:49 am

I was sorry to Brenda go, she has really improved thoughout the series. It was a very difficult decision, not really a lot to choose between the contestants tonight, and I am glad that I was not one of the judges.

I think I would have voted for Journey South to leave this week.

ho-unit!

Postby ho-unit! » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:35 am

Go Journey South! For the North!

I'm not sure who's gonna win. They're all got so much potential and lots to do.

with Andy, he's got lots of soul. In fact a lot like Steve Brookstein in a way and look what happened to him! so that's gotta keep in mind. He was still favourite (i think hne sitll is now aint he?)

Shayne's got that style of mayb Justin Timberlake but i still think he's very boybandish but that's also a good thing cos all the younguns will like him (see West life for more details. I almost wanted to shoot the telly tonight when they won record of the year...)

Journey South do look like they've got a very acoustic perhaps indie look in them but because of their look, i don't think i can see them doing strong rock songs ( i reall didn't like their version of Living on a prayer. It almost ruined the song) but it depends where they go

Hopefully, they'll do much better than Steve (but i think it was because he wa poorly advertised and had no flair. i didn't think he had that much singing potential in the first place but that's my opinion)

good luck to all of them though
The Beagle Boysz 2005!

Return to “On the Box”