Vicky Buxton

Forum for discussion of both the That'll Teach 'em series (Kings School and Hope Green ) and the follow up programme That Taught 'em. You can also discuss anything about educational standards of the present day or the past. Fans of the series can interact with the pupils and staff of all series as well.
<a href="http://www.teachem.co.uk/third-series/index.shtml">Visit our That'll Teach 'em fan Site</a>
Mr Stanley

Postby Mr Stanley » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:26 pm

Why thank you Miss Gibson!

I agree with the comments about the Mikado. It was such a wonderful climax to the experience and I was also beaming with pride. Not bad for a just a few hours of rehearsals...!

nortam

Postby nortam » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:31 pm

Yes it is good. When I think of the hours that were put in by Mr Warr and Dr Pidoux in the 1st series, and it was'nt even mentioned, you are indeed very lucky. Lets hope that it is'nt a 2 second shot as it really was very good.

Doc W

mikado

Postby Doc W » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:51 pm

Coincidentally I'm just off to do a concert with lots of songs from the mikado (including Ashleigh's favourite 'for he's going to marry yum-yum'). Luckily for the audience I'm only doing tenor songs and the Mikado will be sung by a proper bass! A friend tells me that there has been some chat about our production in a Gilbert and sullivan newsgroup so we may get a few extra viewers there! :)
Doc W

samwyvill

Postby samwyvill » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:13 pm

Tbh i enjoyed doin the mikado after a while, i not much of a big singer infront of people, as Mr Stanley will remember grrr..... it was gd i think nice way to end it x

lukemills

Postby lukemills » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:03 pm

yeah at the start i was like OMG about the mikado an opera! i am used to doing musicals
"little shop of horrors, jesus crist super star and joseph and his teachnicolour dream coat" are the three i've done so far but after a while i really enjoyed the mikado.

thanks miss gibson you adapted it perfectly.

Luke.

oversizedschoolboy

Postby oversizedschoolboy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:57 pm

lukemills wrote:yeah at the start i was like OMG about the mikado an opera! i am used to doing musicals .

Haha at least it sounds like you were used to being on the stage what about the poor sods who had never been in a school play before?

P.S. isn't Jesus Crist Superstar a bit risqué for a school production? I mean the girl who would have been playing Mary the prostitute would have had to writh about like no one's buisness whilst singing How should I love you, or whatever it's called :lol:

Matt-t

Postby Matt-t » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:10 am

mikado the performance can't have gone as bad the rehersals!

Were u boys really that bad Scott? U really annoyed Miss Gibson and Mr Stanley!!

ho-unit!

Postby ho-unit! » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:14 am

no offecce to miss gibson and them but the mikado was the cheesiest and most unjapanese movie i've ever heard of. but i always had a hatred for musicals so it's not just that.

and the costumes to the less important characters really were a joke. I mean respect to miss gibson and all bearing she only had a month to get it sorted but (i will not mention much about it yet) if that was meant to look like a japanese person, then i'm from germany.

also, i really can't sing to save my life.
Last edited by ho-unit! on Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Beagle Boysz 2005!

Matt-t

Postby Matt-t » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:23 am

Ho!

How u doing mate?

Don't worry its not just u who cant sing

most guys our age can't sing!! lol

Mr Stanley

Postby Mr Stanley » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:32 am

The song from Jesus Christ Superstar is called "I Don’t Know How to Love Him". I agree it is difficult for school children to convincingly portray a prostitute singing to the Christ.....

Mind you, that’s musical theatre..!!!!

Miss Gibson

Postby Miss Gibson » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:01 am

Ho,

I don't think G and S ever meant `The Mikado' to be authentic. They really weren't in to authenticity. Just think of it as a Victorian/Edwardian take on what they thought Japan might be like!

Sorry you didn't enjoy it. I was quite proud of those costumes since I'd never picked up a needle before then!

I felt it was worth the HOURS Mr Stanley and I put in behind the scenes, not to mention all the work the kids did.

Sebs new adress

Postby Sebs new adress » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:41 am

hey miss g, just saw your name and fort id say hi, no offence to you or mr s but omg i h8ed the mikado, you could of picked sumfink betta then that, i dunno wot but im sure there was sumfink better.

and me nd emily are still 2geva, nearly 9 months!
I love Emily

Miss Gibson

Postby Miss Gibson » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:30 pm

and apparently you can't string a sentence together yet either :wink:

Sebs new adress

Postby Sebs new adress » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:47 pm

it dnt matta, its the internet grammer means nuffin on the internet! i dropped english 4 a reason!!
I love Emily

Tinkerbelle

Postby Tinkerbelle » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:07 pm

Oi leave my boyfriend alone i love him despite his faults LOL

Emily

Return to “The Chalkboard”