12 Josephs

Any Dream Will Do is the search for a Joseph to star in Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice's Joseph And His Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat. Only 12 boys will come through the audition process still clinging to their hopes of wearing the Dreamcoat.

hathaway

12 Josephs

Postby hathaway » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:56 am

I thought that all of the contestants were good, and it is going to be a very difficult decision to select only one of them.

How about having 12 Josephs and running the show in regional theatres as well as the Westend? It would surely bring in more revenue as well as bringing the show within reach of more people. Not everyone can afford the time or money to travel to London just to watch a show.
-- Happiness is a direction, not a place. --
Sydney J. Harris

Stranger

Postby Stranger » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:55 pm

Now that is a very good idea but then we would have to choose the whole cast I suppose.

I do agree that there is going to be a hard choice to choose one of these over others at this stage but then I suppose after a week or two some will start to stand out more.

daveyboi

Week one results

Postby daveyboi » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:10 pm

Saved by the public in order of announcement

Keith
Rob
Daniel
Seamus
Johndeep
Chris B
Antony
Lewis

Chris C in the sing off

Lee

Craig

Ben in the sing off

Chris Crosby was the lowest in the public vote.

They will sing Bridge over Troubled Water to impress Andrew LLoyd Webber and Chris Crosby goes first.

And he saves Ben which was I think the right decision

hathaway

Postby hathaway » Wed May 02, 2007 9:34 pm

I wonder, did Andrew Lloyd Webber read my post re the twelve Josephs being used in regional theatres? The show is coming to my town in the autumn :D

Sydney J. Harris

The_Boss
Site Admin

Postby The_Boss » Sat May 19, 2007 11:10 pm

and now there are just 5 left.

This week Ben actually stood out for me.

I think Webber got it right in sending Daniel off from just the sing off performance as Lewis was a lot clearer if you were trying to understand the words they were singing.

hathaway

Postby hathaway » Sun May 27, 2007 12:40 am

I was really disappointed to see Craig put out of the show tonight. I had made up my mind that he was going to win the part of Joseph because he appeared to be the strongest tonight.

Sydney J. Harris

The_Boss
Site Admin

Postby The_Boss » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:41 pm

The final three Lewis, Keith and Lee.

I always thought it could be between Keith Jack and Lee Mead and was hoping Keith would win.

I still think he was the better choice as he had come so far where as Lee had previous experience to call upon.

hathaway

Postby hathaway » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:31 am

They say that Lee had previous experience in stage productions but I believe that Andrew stated that although Lee had been understudy to various parts he had never been required so therefore did not have any advantage over Keith.

Personally I felt that Lee was better for the part and very happy that he has the chance to prove himself on the West End stage.

Good luck Lee :lol:

Sydney J. Harris

The_Boss
Site Admin

Postby The_Boss » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:30 am

I understood from a comment by Graham Norton in the earlier stages he had actually been called on as understudy two or three times to perform. What Andrew actually said was he had not performed in front of him or in special high profile performances.

Return to “Any Dream Will Do”